If you have ever received a massage, whether a full body or focused on one part, you know the relief and the mobility you feel after the massage session. Professional massage requires skilled individuals who have studied the human body and its stressors, and know that we humans have pressure points all over. Anyone who’s ever received a massage has left the practice feeling refreshed and relaxed. Massage is powerful, no matter what type you get. Your therapeutic body massage Westminster therapist can alter your session to meet your health needs.
Therapeutic massage is really just a general massage modality that works on a specific problem to reduce stress and relieve pain. Therapeutic massage and deep tissue massage might be confused with one another, however they are quite different. Deep tissue uses a very strong method, where the therapeutic massage triggers different points of the body in addition to deep tissue.
There are at least four different types of therapeutic massage, including: sports massages, myofascial massage, trigger point therapy, and neuromuscular massage. You’ll even find a combination of these techniques in your general deep tissue or aromatherapy massage when you request it.
Therapeutic Massage- The Essential Benefit
Therapeutic massage and regular massage go hand in hand, but can be altered depending on the needs of the client. As mentioned, therapeutic massage differs in its methods and its benefits. There are many benefits to getting a massage, but the main goal of massage is to improve your quality of life. Here are just a few therapeutic massage benefits that improve your everyday life:
- Massage can increase your range of motion and flexibility in just a few sessions. With simple soft tissue manipulation, massage therapy improves the joint range of motion, while keeping your joints limber and lubricated.
- Therapeutic massage is a muscle pain reducer. Whatever lifestyle you lead, be it an active athlete or a chef, you’re guaranteed to feel relief from sore muscles as well as a reduction in body pain. Your therapeutic massage helps with post surgery soreness, as well as pain from chronic conditions.
- Therapeutic Massage will increase your number of lymphocytes, which helps improve your immune function. Lymphocytes are the type of white blood cells that defend your body from ailments and diseases.
- Therapeutic massage also helps you get a better night’s rest. Lack of sleep can cause a number of mental and psychological problems, but adding a monthly massage will actually help encourage better sleep habits and encourage a better routine going forward.
- Stress and anxiety are part of life to an extent. Your therapeutic body massage Westminster therapist will take the edge off the excess stress not related to normal daily stressors. Sometimes we don’t have the means to fight that “fight or flight” response that is constantly turned on in our bodies. It is a mental restlessness that leaves us feeling anxious, tired, and helpless. Regular massage will get the blood moving and circulating to encourage energy and reduce the inflammation sometimes caused by stress. Therapeutic massage focuses on whatever body part needs attention. If you’re constantly running from one end of your office to the other, your feet and legs will need some relief. A therapeutic massage will help bring a fresh supply of blood flow to your feet and legs, while relieving any onset of soreness.
Isn’t it about time you had a therapeutic massage? There’s no better time than now to book an appointment with your local therapist. At Best Choice Massage, our skilled team of therapists take their time in every session to make sure you get the most out of your massage. Book an appointment today!